For Cancer Patients, Survivors & Those Who Love Them
We’ve been there, we understand.
CISN respects the critical role you play in your own health care. Sometimes the cancer maze is very confusing and you do not know where to turn for reliable and empowering information.
Our goal is to meet that need. We are here to help everyone affected by cancer.
Information and Emerging Solutions
- We have developed a website that is patient focused to meet your needs on your path through cancer.
- We have developed tools designed to help you make the best decisions possible.
- We work on major initiatives spanning all facets of education and awareness with our partners in the cancer research community. As we develop materials and programs, we will post “new programs and initiatives” to keep you abreast of our work. This information is being developed on your behalf and for your use.
- CISN represents the specific needs of patients and their families. This means that we attend meetings and conferences on your behalf. We will post information about our trainings, speaking engagements, and the meetings we attend, sitting at the table, raising awareness of issues and needs specific to cancer survivors. We work hard to address the special concerns and disparities of ethnic, minority, and/or underserved people.
Support and Inspiration
- We offer inspirational stories, humor, poetry and art on our website to nurture all aspects of being for you, your loved ones, and your health care professionals so you can live well.
- We hold deep partnerships with disease-specific advocacy organizations and encourage you to become acquainted with these organizations whose mission is to provide you with specific information about your diagnosis, clinical trials matching services, physicians who are experts in your disease, and the expansive network of others just like you.
- CISN doesn’t work to replicate information. We will work to make sure you connect with the people and sources you need at each step in your journey, to get what you need, when you need it and in the format you need it. Please see our resource section.